|HOWL A DAY INN,
4360 N. WYOMING DRIVE, WASILLA, AK 99623
||TEL: (907) 376 5643 EMAIL: TRISHA KOLEGAR
- Trisha's knowledge of dog breeds and behavior is extensive. She understands how dogs think. We know our dogs get great care at her kennel.
-M. Overture & B. Schema
- Our two dogs went to the 6 week Boot Camp and really learned a lot. They are much easier to handle now and listen to commands. Trish worked very hard to get them trained.
We would recommend this kennel to our friends. Trish is available to help with follow up questions as we continue our training at home.
-The Novak Family
- During the past 6 years that we have been boarding our dogs at Howl A Day Inn, Trisha has continually worked to add improvements to the kennels for the well being and happiness of the dogs. The kennels are always clean and well kept no matter when we have stopped.
As Trisha goes about her daily tasks at Howl A Day Inn, she makes a point of learning about each individual dog and what makes them content. Each dog is treated as an individual with an emphasis on meeting each one's needs.
-Ken & Amy Wheaton
- Our Labrador Retriever spent the lions share of August 2013 to August 2014 at Howl A Day. Including full time December to February and March to August because we were stuck over seas.
What can I say? We came home to one happy and contented dog who was having loads of fun and loved being there. Trish and her staff are clearly passionate about animals and love dogs. You can feel the difference when you walk in. It's not so much a kennel as a home away from home. I wouldn't leave my dog anywhere else.
- Howl A Day Inn is absolutely the best place to board your dog. Large kennels and access to outdoors is the best of both worlds for my Chow, Sasha. I boarded her with Trish this past summer and I could tell how well she had been taken care of when picking her up. Sasha loves and trusts Trisha.
On a different note, I had very spoiled dog when I met Trisha. She was great and spent time asking me just what I was noted from my dog. After just one training session Sasha's attitude changed and following Trisha's lead I now have a truly terrific dog! Thanks Trisha and Howl A Day Inn for everything!
-Margurite Boehm & Sasha
- We highly recommend Trish and Howl A Day Inn for both training and boarding as we have used both.
We brought in our Mastiff pup, who we were having some difficulty with, for Boot Camp. We were in contact through out the course of his time there and got updates on how he was doing and what they were currently working on. This helped ease our mission 're as "parents".
At the end of the camp, Trish requested that she keep him a few more days, as they were in the middle of training g through a specific issue. This spoke volumes to us as we felt she wanted to hand over our dog fully trained.
When we did the end if camp "parent" training with Trish, her knowledge of our dog's personality and how to reach him was something to commend. I learned more from her in the 20 minutes we were there than I had in all my research and book reading. She helped US to understand him as well and did not make us feel like we had no idea what we were doing (we didn't).
We have since then used the Howl A Day Inn for all of our boarding needs. Trish is turkey one who cares about our fur babies and I know ours is well taken care of while there.
- Simply the best. The only place I will take my dogs (and me) for training. Trish has an incredible understanding of K9 behavior and knows how to get the dogs to perform to their optimum ability.
Two bonuses to Trish's training; she trains the handler (you) as well, and our dogs are wonderful house pets too.
Even if you weren't going to compete or hunt with your lab, the dog you get back is much more fun to be around and will make a wonderful companion. As an aside, my dogs love going to her kennel when we are out of town. They look forward to going and get excited whether figure out we are headed for Howl A Day Inn. Happy, healthy dogs that love to pick up ducks.
What more could you ask for?